Through the Eyes of Children…
The Community Arts Center (CAC) in Wallingford has an exciting month planned! Explore Children’s art in the Duke Gallery starting March 22nd.
It will feature the artistic endeavors of young people in the Wallingford/Swarthmore School District, and encompasses works by students from Elementary School through High School. There is a special Artist Reception: March 22, 2 – 4 p.m.
Exhibiting this month in the Lounge Gallery – A stunning selection by CAC Sculptor and Figure Drawing Instructor, Olga Nielsen
- Born in Russia, Olga attended the Moscow School of Fine Arts, where she studied art history and figure painting and drawing in the classical realistic tradition, with anatomy studies, and drawing and painting from life models.
- She also studied at the Department of Applied Arts and Design at Moscow Textile Institute and graduated with a BFA in painting, textile design and fashion illustration and design in 1977.
- After moving to Philadelphia, she worked for many years in design departments of textile and fashion industry companies.
Olga teaches Portrait and Figure in 2 and 3 dimensions in CAC’s Fall, Winter and Spring semesters. Sign up now for one or more of her classes.
Love photography? Head for the BeaDazzle Gallery where you can explore the world of nature through the sensational photography of Judy Wolinsky.
Don’t miss CAC’s Tri-State Jazz Society Concert March 15th featuring Ragtime and Early Jazz Pianist, Adam Swanson. 2-4:30 pm. Tickets sold at the door.
March 27th enjoy FRIDAY NIGHT LIVE with Jazz/R&B artist, Lisa Chavous
If you love music, CAC’s popular Friday Night Live Events is a BYOB and BAYF (bring all your friends). Water and light refreshments will be available and you’re invited to bring your own tasty morsels to enjoy during the concert.
- General Admission: $15 or CAC Member’s price $10
- Pay at the door or purchase tickets online, see below.
- All events 7:00-10:00 pm.
- Doors open at 7 pm, concert starts at 7:30 pm
Wordsmiths are invited to attend two Poetry events being held by the Mad Poets Society:
- March 4th – a Poetry Reading at 7pm
- March 11th – a Mad Poets Critique at 7pm