Rose Tree Park's Free Summer Festival has begun!
WPVI-TV Meteorologist Cecily Tynan led the Delaware County Symphony Orchestra at this year’s opening night of Rose Tree Park’s Summer Festival, where both the concerts and parking are FREE. Bring a blanket or lawn chair, friends and family. All evening shows start at 7:30pm and here’s the lineup for July’s many nights of vintage Sum-Sum-Summertime entertainment.
- July 3 – 28th Infantry Division Band presents an Evening at the Movies! Enjoy songs from your favorite movies plus patriotic tunes.
- July 5 – John Hoey Orchestra performs everything from Swing to Bop in an evening of Big Band Jazz featuring the music of Miller, Herman, Goodman, Ferguson, Dorsey, Basie, Ellington, and more.
- July 6 – Robert Eric Band is a Tribute to Billy Joel. Known as “Philly’s Piano Man,” Robert Eric looks, sounds, acts, talks, and plays just like him!
- July 7 – Reggae Thunder presents Classic Stones & Bob Dylan in Reggae!
- July 10 – The Rockdale Boys present Bluegrass Traditional bluegrass songs, with sharp vocal harmonies, and new this summer – dueling fiddles!
- July 11 – Philly Gumbo performs a great dance-inducing mix of Blues, Soul, Mardi Gras Anthems, New Orleans R&B, and Reggae!
- July 12 – The Eric Mintel Quartet has performed from the White House to the Kennedy Center! Enjoy the music of Dave Brubeck, great American Jazz Standards, and Classic TV theme songs.
- July 13 – The Core is a hugely popular Eric Clapton Tribute Band performing Clapton’s greatest hits spanning his 45-year career.
- July 14 – Charlie Gracie, Philly’s first Rock ‘n’ Roll star, still wows audiences at home and abroad with chart toppers like “Butterfly,” “Fabulous,” “Ninety-Nine Ways,” and “Cool Baby.”
- July 17 – Sensational Soul Cruisers perform the very best of the‘60s, ‘70s & ‘80s Classic Soul, R&B, Motown & Disco.
- July 18 – Makin’ Music & The Moonlight Forest Friends is an 8-piece band playing an infectious mix of folk/pop family music & vintage rock ‘n roll dance songs that parents will enjoy as much as the kids.
- July 19 – Lonnie Shields Band features guitarist Jesse Loewy, who performs originals, Blues, Soul and R&B.
- July 20 – The Upper Darby Summer Stage “Shooting Stars” will sing and dance their way into your hearts with music from Broadway, Disney and pop music, plus previews from stage shows, including Frozen, Jr.
- July 21 – Lights Out is a Tribute to Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons featuring four dynamite vocalists, with period choreography and a live band performing all of their greatest hits!
- July 24 – Cool Confusion is throwing a homegrown Delco party, with the band playing essential Rock ‘n’ Roll.
- July 25 – West Chester Band is a 60-member concert band that will play music from hit films like Mary Poppins, The Incredibles & Bohemian Rhapsody, plus Beatles songs & Sousa marches.
- July 26 – Four Lean Hounds performs acoustic Grateful Dead Favorites! This Philly-based, 8-piece tribute band features 2 guitars, mandolin, keys, bass, 2 drummers, percussion, and six singers!
- July 27 – Van Halen Nation will transport the entire audience back to the 80’s when Van Halen ruled MTV! This is an action-packed show featuring impeccable harmonies and the “Diamond Dave” era of the band.
- July 28 – 22 Park Avenue performs Swing That Never Dies! This 18-member Big Band gives a high-energy performance of the best swing and jazz music from the 1930s through the 1990s.
- July 31 – Bryn Mawr Mainliners are always a hit! This award-winning Barbershop Chorus is led by Director Rick Serpico.