Since 1978 Delco’s town of Springfield has been celebrating everything Irish!
This year’s Parade is Saturday, March 14th. But residents of Springfield and beyond have been enjoying Saint Patrick’s Day with an annual march down Saxer Street to Powell Road each year since 1978, (except for 2 parades that were canceled due to weather). Folks get decked out in all shades of green to cheer for the marching bands, string bands, and Pipe & Drum performers. This annual family fun day brings out the ‘Irish’ in everyone — and for about a mile there’s not a happier (or greener!) place to be.
- The parade starts at the St. Francis of Assisi parking lot and slowly makes its way to the reviewing stand at Saxer Avenue and Ballymore Road.
- This year’s performers include the South Philadelphia and Quaker City String Bands, as well as the Cardinal O’Hara and Springfield High School Marching Bands.
- There will also be a Pipe and Drum Band, several Fraternal Organizations and more.
And… this year’s parade will be led by not ‘one’ Grand Marshall – but a Fire House full of heroes!
To celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Springfield Fire Department, the entire Springfield Fire House has been named Grand Marshall of the parade – and everyone is welcome to join the fun while honoring their firefighters!
- Pre-parade Entertainment starts at 11:30am at the Reviewing Stand
- The Parade begins at Noon
- Come line the street – or follow along!
- For more information call 610-585-6054